To our valued Virginia Eye Clinic patients:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions. Our Lynchburg location is remaining open and our Doctors are seeing certain types of visits- including red eyes, eye emergencies, complaints of blurry vision, emergent appointments due to broken/lost glasses, or other various medical reasons. Please call our office to discuss your exam needs.
In an effort to follow government guidelines, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into our facility. We ask family and guests to remain in their vehicles as we limit the number of individuals in our facility. Minors and those needing special accommodations please ask about this when scheduling.
- Please wear a face covering to your appointment.
- All patients will have their temperature taken before they can enter the building.
- We will continue to enforce social distancing for the safety of our patients, employees, and our providers.
- Our staff will be disinfecting common areas more often, including handrails, steps, check-in/out stations, chairs, countertops, exam rooms, restrooms, phones, computers, doorknobs, and equipment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to our patients and we will be reminding everyone to practice proper hand hygiene.
- The optical remains open, however by appointment only.
- All pick ups (contacts, glasses, treatments) must be done at the drive-thru.
- We are now accepting apple pay to help limit the handling of cards.
For Our Employees
- All of our providers and employees will be required to wear masks.
- All of our employees will be screened for coronavirus risk factors using the CDC guidelines.
Note: Our Forest Office remains closed until further notice.